It’s time for the 2nd Annual Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest!
This year’s Donkeys Behaving Badly event is being held In partnership with Blogengage.com. If you would like a free Blogengage account (normally $29.99 but free for contestants, simply email admin@blogengage dot com with your desired username: and e-mail and your contest entry URL and Brian will hook you up with a FREE account) so you’ll be able to reply to comments you receive (see contest rules below). Blogengage will automatically syndicate your contest entries into the Blog Engage community and their portfolio of social media websites such as Blog Serp, Top Blogged, RSS Leak, Blogger Ink, Tag Serp and Blogger Tag.
Also all contest entries will be automatically submitted to blokube.com Blokube is another up and coming social voting community for bloggers and it’s free to join, so go ahead and register on blokube.com if you want to keep up with your submission there. Keep in mind social engagement at both blokube and blogengage will count towards your social engagement score. Again social engagement is a metric we use to settle any tie breakers in this contest.
What is the Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest?
It’s that time of the year when the donkey starts misbehaving. All joking aside, the contest is (now) an annual contest for SEOs and Internet marketers to showcase their awesome guest blogging skills.
The contest will start today (9/12/11) and last until October 12th, 2011. Acceptable guest post topics include anything related to SEO, Internet marketing or social media Uses of Facebook etc. Although we may extend the publishing duration of the contest to get all the entries published, we will stop accepting entries 30 days from today. Email your contest entries to gweber at sem-group.net, please include any images you would like to use as well as any image credit (if applicable)
What’s In It for Me?
- Cold Hard Cash
- Very Cool SEO Related Prizes
- Increased Exposure for Your Content
- The Potential for More RSS Subscribers
- Networking with Other Like Minded Individuals
- Did I Mention Cash?
What Exactly Can I Win?
- 1st place: $1000. Cash + a Lifetime “PREMIUM membership” to MyBlogGuest.com
- 2nd place: $500. Cash + a full years membership at The SEO training Dojo.
- 3rd Place: $350. cash + Link-Assistant.Com SEO PowerSuite Enterprise (max. functionality license)
- 4th Place: $250. cash + 3 month subscription to SEMRush.com
- 5th place: $175. cash + 3 month subscription to Raven Internet marketing tools
- 6th Place: $100. cash
- 7th place: $75. cash
- 8th place: $50. cash
- 9th place: $50. cash
Now check out all the awesome sponsors that made all these prizes possible!
Contest Media Partner
RankPop.com Affordable SEO
Daniel McGonagle Link Building
SEO-Peace.com Professional link building SEO Company
Hesham Zebida Thesis Skins
Scott Bradley Simple Weight Loss Tips For Entrepreneurs
Milan Matchev Health Directory
Jacob Share JobMob Job Search Tips
Ileane Smith Blogging Tips
John Britsios www.SEOWorkers.com
Doc Sheldon’s Clinic Critical Thinking for the Discerning SEO
Vertical Measures Internet Marketing Services
Whitney Michael Segura Greenhouses for Sale
Butch Segura Wholesale Greenhouses by EarthCare
Whitney “WeedyP” Segura Internet Marketing Blog by Whitney Segura
Ernest Segura Greenhouse Supplies @ OurCrazyDeals.com
Raxa Design Houston Internet marketing
Ana Hoffman – Traffic Generation Cafe Web Traffic
James Brown James Brown
Anwar Barake Wholesale Herbal Incense
Understand Technology with TechFume
The Tech Blog TechnoZeast
Wilderness Aware Rafting Colorado White Water Rafting
Sales Nexus online CRM
SEO Prize Sponsors
David Harry A full years membership at SEO Dojo, a value of $250.SEO Training Dojo
Lifetime membership to: My Blog Guest. MyBlogGuest.com is the free guest post exchange community where users meet to exchange guest posts and network.
Link-Assistant.Com SEO PowerSuite Enterprise (max. functionality license) SEO tools
SEMrush.com – the best tool to spy on your competitors ($210 value) www.semrush.com
3 month Pro subscription to Raven Internet Marketing Tools ($297 value) Raven Internet Marketing Tools
What are the Rules?
- Register for a SEM Group user account so you can submit your post for review. Please fill out all of your profile information. If you don’t have a Gravatar, please get one. You may have up to 3 links in your bio. If you have already published a guest post on this blog, there is no need to reregister. If you’re in this situation but aren’t sure about your login, just send me an email and I’ll let you know your existing login information.
- You must submit your post by October 12th, 2011.
- Your post must be original content that you personally wrote.
- You must have a paypal account (as that is how we will be paying the winners cash)
- On the day your post is published, you must write a post on your blog about the contest that contains a link to the official contest post and links to all of the sponsors. Click here for a pre-formatted text document of the contest sponsors. It’s ok if you hotlink the image from my server.
- Guest posts must be at least 500 words. While they can be as reasonably long as you’d like, please don’t write a book! Please take a moment to review our guest posting guidelines
- You can have as many links as you wish in the body of your content (Please keep this within reason). However, please limit links to your projects or websites to your bio. No affiliate links!
- Your bio must have a Gravatar. Please use a picture of yourself, as opposed to a logo.
- Keep your post relevant to the overall theme of this blog. SEO, link building, Internet marketing, PPC, social media and blogging tips are all acceptable topics.
How Can I Win?
- Write a promotional post about the contest to help spread the word in the blogosphere.
- Add Sponsors’ links to your promotional post. The sponsors are the ones making the cash prizes possible, so please show them some love!
- Your contest submission will be judged first and foremost on the quality and style of your content. Usefulness etc
- A high value is placed on the number and quality of comments you receive on your guest post. Be sure to interact with and respond to your commentators, because this will help you win in the event of a tie breaker. Keep in mind that ambiguous and/or spammy comments will not help you.
- Spread the word about your post through all of your social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Sphinn etc). A high value will be placed on your entry’s number of Tweets and overall social media promotion.This will help you win in the event of a tiebreaker! (We had about 3 tie breakers last year so social engagement REALLY can help you win. Also keep in mind the social engagement (comments, tweets etc) for your post on Blogengage also count towards your overall social engagement score!
- Keep in mind that the sooner you submit your post, the more time you’ll have to promote it. The contest early bird will likely get the worm!
- Feel free to use the donkey image in your post.
A few of my friends, who are also sponsors, went WAY above and beyond to help me promote this contest:
Ann Smarty, Ana Hoffman, David Harry, Brian Belfitt – These friends all helped out by mentioning the contest in their newsletters, putting contest banners on their sites/blogs and allowing me to write blog posts about the contest on their web properties. I REALLY appreciate you guys & gals!
If you have any questions about the contest feel free to contact me directly. I’m searchengineguy on skype and thegman on Blogengage and of course @the_gman on Twitter. You can also email me at email@example.com
Release the donkey! Let the games begin!
- Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest Update
- The Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest
- Announcing the 2nd Annual Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest Winners
- Who Wants to Win $1,000 in Cash?
- Announcing the Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest Winners!
"Newsletter" Our weekly newsletter features some of the best curated SEO content from around the web!