I love Question & Answer sites for two reasons. First of all, they allow you to build your authority in almost any niche by letting you demonstrate your expertise on any given topic to those who are seeking answers. Second, they provide a hotbed for discovering popular topics to write about on your blog. The following ten Q&A networks should have questions for people seeking to answer them in any niche.
If you have a LinkedIn profile, you’re already set to participate in LinkedIn Answers. This professional network covers categories ranging from Administration to Technology, including Blogging, Internet Marketing, and Search Marketing. Those whose answers are selected as the best answer have the chance to be listed as the category experts.
Tips to maximize your LinkedIn Answers experience include:
- Be sure to complete your LinkedIn profile prior to participating & make sure it is public. This way anyone who enjoys your answers can learn more about you and head on over to your website! Pay particular attention to creating a crafty headline as this will be shown next to your name when you answer questions.
- If you have a blog post that supports an answer you give, add it as a web resource.
- Great answers can lead to job opportunities, clients, and leads, so make your answers count!
Tips to maximize your Quora experience include:
- Filling out your profile. This includes adding links within your bio information to your website and top social profiles so people can check out your website.
- When you follow a topic, go back to your profile and click on the Topics link. Then add a quick blurb for each topic in the “Describe your experience” area. This will be added next to your name when you answer questions within that topic.
Tips to maximize your Focus experience include:
- Fill out your profile completely. Your job title will be listed next to your name when you answer questions. Your profile also allows you two dofollow links, so choose them wisely.
- You can add links to your answers as well – just paste in the full URL and it will be hyperlinked automatically.
When you think of Q&A networks, Stack Overflow may not come to mind at first. But with 8.1 million unique visitors per month, it should. Their community is mostly focused towards developers and programmers, but it does include questions tagged with SEO, SEO Friendly, and Social Networking.
Tips to maximize your Stack Overflow experience include:
- Subscribe to your favorite question tags via RSS. That way you can keep up with new questions without having to visit the site daily.
- Prepare to talk to a very technical audience as most of these people are developers, not Internet marketers.
While the Yahoo Answers community is not always professional, it is still the Q&A network whose questions get featured in search results often. Hence it doesn’t hurt to keep an eye on the Search Engine Optimization category to see if there are good questions to answer.
Tips to maximize your Yahoo Answers experience include:
- Get your 250 points early by answering easy questions. Once you get 250 points, you reach Level 2 and can add links to your answers. Before you reach Level 2, your links will not be active.
- People seem to prefer cartoon avatars over actual photos. You’ll be in the minority if you put a real pic on your account.
Do you use Q&A networks? What other networks would you suggest for helping build authority, find blog topic ideas, and building links?
- 4 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Promote Your Website
- Is Facebook’s BranchOut Really Going to Outshine LinkedIn?
- 5 Things You Can Learn by Drilling Down on Traffic Sources in Google Analytics
- Is It Wise to Rely 100% on Link Networks?
- Why You Need Your Own Platform
"Newsletter" Our weekly newsletter features some of the best curated SEO content from around the web!