When I first made the decision to consolidate all of my various and many email accounts over to gmail, I was initially very frustrated with the fact that Google’s gmail only allows you to create a plain text email signature. I was seriously like what the ****?! #GoogleFail!
This was a real issue for me because I have been using a nice flashy html signature for many years.
However this was only an issue until I stumbled upon a post Ann Smarty had written back in 2008 titled SEO Consultant’s Email Signature – What’s Your Tactic? One of the commentators in the post mentioned a cool firefox plugin for easily creating email signatures.
Once you have the plugin installed, as you can see from the screenshot below, the WYSIWYG editor is very simple, straight forward and easy to use. You can easily switch between visual and html mode, as well as add your blog’s RSS feed, IM ID’s and all of your social networks along with their icons.
Other Key features
- Easily switch between email signature (business & personal)
- Easy to use WYSIWYG editor (switch between visual & html mode)
- Ability to add your blog’s RSS feed
- Automatically insert signature into webmail Gmail, Google Apps, Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc
- Easily include instant messaging ID’s & icons
- Ability to link to all of your social profiles (48 different options)
- Easily add an image or logo
- Quick preview
For those of you that haven’t received an email from me yet, here is what my current email signature created with wisestamp looks like.
Wisestamp has a nice gallery of email signatures where you can see some additional examples for inspiration.
Add a nice RSS subscribe button to your signature using feedburner
Feedburner has a very neat RSS email signature widget. Here are the simple steps. Login to your feedburner account, click on your feed, click on publicize, click on email signature.
Now you will have several options to customize the look and feel. Once you have it the way you like, select (just give me the code) from the drop down menu and you can just paste this into the html editor for wisestamp.
Do you have any cool email signature tips? Please let us know about them in the comments.
- How I Doubled a Site’s Speed in Under 10 Minutes
- Breaking: All New Google Search Results? Hello Caffeine!
- 5 Free SEO Tools You’re Probably Not Using Yet
- 15 WordPress Plugins That I Can’t Live Without
- Why I Chose the Plain Jane WordPress Comment System Over Others
"Newsletter" Our weekly newsletter features some of the best curated SEO content from around the web!