As you’re getting back into the swing of work after the long Memorial Day weekend, here are the posts you don’t want to miss:
- Penguin 4, With Penguin 2.0 Generation Spam-Fighting, Is Now Live Barry Schwartz confirmed on May 22nd that Penguin 4 is now live. As the post discusses, the reason this update is especially significant is it includes new technology for detecting and dealing with spam.
- Use These Secret NSA Google Search Tips to Become Your Own Spy Agency This intriguing article links to a 643 page PDF called “Untangling the Web: A Guide to Internet Research.” The reason it’s relevant to anyone with an interest in SEO is it goes over tons of examples of sensitive information that can be found through Google as a result of poor server and website security.
- Social Media Sharing on Steroids – Viral Content Buzz GrowMap.com was kind enough to let me publish a guest post about Viral Content Buzz. Even if you’re already familiar with the features of Ann Smarty and I’s social sharing platform, I’d love for you to jump in the lively discussion and add to the 35 comments that have already been left.
- Penguin 2.0 Losers: Porn Sites, Game Sites, & Big Brands Like Dish.com & The Salvation Army If you’re interested in seeing some concrete data about how the latest Penguin update has affected the rankings of sites across a wide range of categories, this post has some very interesting numbers from SearchMetrics.
- 19 New Filter Fields Available in Google Analytics Penguin isn’t the only new update Google has rolled out. They also updated Analytics with nineteen new ways to filter your data. This post covers the filters and provides some tips for making the most of them.
- Google Talks Back: Conversational Search Available on New Version of Chrome If you’re interested in learning more about Google’s new conversational search feature, Jessica Lee has quite a few details, as well as her own experience with trying it out.
- This Past Week in SEO (5/20/13)
- What’s New with Viral Content Buzz
- 10 Reasons Why Your Site’s Rankings Won’t Be Affected by Penguin [Infographic]
- Facebook’s BK Sacrifice App and 6 Other Examples of Brilliant Viral Campaigns
- The Case of 60% (or Above) ‘Money Keyword’ Anchor Text!
"Newsletter" Our weekly newsletter features some of the best curated SEO content from around the web!