I have to say that I’m quite proud to look back and see just how far Viral Content Buzz has come in a little less than seven months. But while we’re really happy with what we’ve accomplished, that doesn’t mean we’re going to sit back and coast. On the contrary, we’re happy to announce the rollout of a bunch of new features!
Since we’ve been gradually testing and adding some, here’s a look at everything we’ve added over the last few months, as well as our brand new features:
- Pinterest Support: Share any infographics or other images that you want through Pinterest. This VCB post has some tips that Pinterest newbies will find especially helpful.
- StumbleUpon Support: Just like Pinterest, we’ve now made it super easy to use VCB in conjunction with StumbleUpon. And as with all the sites we support, you have full control over exactly what you promote and share.
- Bookmarklet: If you want to use VCB with a single click in Firefox, Chrome, IE or Safari, all you need to do is grab the VCB bookmarklet here. And if you’re on your iPad, you can get a bookmarklet for it here.
- Scheduling Tool: This makes it really easy to control exactly when you want sharing to happen.
- Customizable Dashboard: Easily switch between a traditional scrolling layout and a Pinterest-style layout that puts multiple stories on each row.
- Labels and Folders: Under “My Projects,” you can use labels and folders to keep everything organized by topic, site, client or any other structure that you want.
- Karma: Our one-liner for this feature is “the more approved posts you have, the closer you are to being a trusted member.”
- Project Report: Easily see who shared what, and when they shared it. We’ve also made it dead simple to download and/or email a report.
Last month, Ann published a post detailing what the Labs section of Viral Content Buzz is all about. While I highly recommend reading her post, we’ll go over a quick summary now.
VCB Labs is all about coming up with tools and resources to help content marketers. Currently, there are three free tools that anyone can use. They are:
- Pinterest Analytics: Get stats for all images on your site that are being shared. This tool also provides features to help you encourage Pinterest users to share your images.
- Activity Analyzer: Put in any URL (including an RSS feed link), and you can see detailed information about its performance on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon and Google+.
- Twitter Chat Client: Makes it easy to start and engage in a Twitter chat simply by using our Twitter chat application.
That’s Not All
In addition to all the new features that are live and ready to use, we’ve got several more in the pipeline. Keep an eye out for:
- Facebook Page support
- Google Plus support
- Being able to create & send multiple Tweets at once, and then they’ll automatically be spaced out based on the settings you choose (similar to Buffer)
Ann and I truly appreciate all the users who are helping to build VCB into an awesome platform, so be sure to let us know what you think about all the new features in the comments!
- How to Find Your Site Mentions on Social Networks
- 5 Things You Can Learn by Drilling Down on Traffic Sources in Google Analytics
- 7 Tips to Get Your Business Up and ‘Pinning’ on Pinterest
- Find the Best Referral Traffic Sources and Focus (Before It’s Too Late)
- Inspiration for Online Marketing Success with Pinterest
"Newsletter" Our weekly newsletter features some of the best curated SEO content from around the web!