In December, I wrote a post talking about the 10 most creative Twitter uses I had seen. Based on the plethora of comments with more suggestions for the list, I could see I had barely scratched the surface of creative Twitter uses. For this reason, I bring you 10 MORE examples of creative Twitter uses. Some of these are user-submitted while others are accounts I’ve recently come across. Enjoy.
- TwittMinder– To me, this is about as cool as it gets. TwittMinder is a service that Tweets you to remind you of important events. All you have to do is email them the event info (date/time/etc) and they will send you a Tweet when the time comes to remind you of it. Sure, you could just set an alert on your phone or calendar, but this is pretty darn cool if you ask me.
- WaffleTruck– This was recommended to me by one of our readers, Simon. This company serves up waffles from their truck throughout the streets of New York. They Tweet updates regularly to let their customers know exactly where they are. Mmm. Waffles.
- ImagineChurch– Regardless of what your religious preferences are, you have to admit ImagineChurch is pretty creative. For those who don’t have time to go to church, they’ll Tweet a live play by play of their Sunday service. Church via text message. Who woulda thunk it?!
- CookBook– What’s for dinner tonight? If you don’t know, maybe you should visit this Twitter account. CookBook offers recipes that serve 3-4 people in just 140 characters or less. Throw out the old cookbooks, and get into the 21st century!
- SATWordoftheDay– I remember years back when I had to prep for the SAT. It was a nightmare. Huge prep books and boring classes made it less than exciting. Thankfully, I performed well, but I could have done better if this Twitter service was around. Lear a new SAT vocabulary word each day!
- ShowUsYourSite– Want to have someone review your website? ShowUsYourSite just might help. Send them a Tweet explaining why your site is worth reviewing. If you’re accepted, they’ll Tweet a mini-review of your website. Be careful what you ask for though, these reviews don’t hold anything back.
- DingoWannabe– What happens when a dog gets on Twitter? Follow DingoWannabe to find out.
- Twittercize– Gym memberships– Who needs them? Exercise DVDs—throw them out. Now, everything you need to get in the best shape of your life is right here at Twittercize. This profile Tweets out exercises you can do to whip yourself into shape.
- Genny_Spencer– Special thanks to Alison for sending in this recommendation. This is the line-a-day diary kept by an Illinois farm girl in 1937. Genny was Tweeting before Twitter even existed!
- SFEarthquakes– Just in case the walls shaking in your San Francisco home aren’t enough to clue you in, this Twitter profile shoots out a Tweet each time there’s an earthquake in the area.
So, which Twitter profiles would you add to this list? Share your most creative uses in the replies!