You spend hours researching and writing a great blog post. After editing it several times, you finally hit publish. Shortly after tweeting out a link to it, you notice some of your friends and colleagues sharing the link on Twitter and Facebook. Thanks to this push, readers start coming and you receive several comments on your post. Unfortunately, just as everything seems to be moving in the right direction, it all stops! No more comments, visitors or Tweets. You’ve hit the point where your buzz has completely fizzled out.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to keep the momentum going for posts that you put so much effort into creating? Since myself and everyone else I know within the blogosphere has experienced this problem, I decided to do something about it. With the help of my amazing friend and co-founder Ann Smarty, we created a new social media promotion platform: Viral Content Buzz.
Viral Content Buzz 101
The one sentence summary of this platform is that you can get more social promotion for the great blog posts you write by sharing other people’s great posts through your social media presences. This is done by earning and using credits. You get credits for sharing, and can then use those credits to get your best posts promoted. Keep in mind that all of this is 100% FREE!
In addition to being free, we feel that our focus on quality is what’s going to make VCB incredibly effective for users. Because we want to create the best platform possible for our users, we:
- Manually review submissions to ensure they meet our quality guidelines
- Only allow real social media accounts to share (no bots)
- Reward users who have taken the time to build a strong social media presence with more credits
- Tailor the posts in your dashboard to your industry and interests
Now that you know what Viral Content Buzz is all about, watch this great video that Ann made so you can see the site in action:
The Start of Something Big
Viral Content Buzz is up and running, so you can go sign up now. While we’ve already got a lot of great features, we’re committed to continuing to build on our solid base. Here are some of the additions you can expect to see in the coming weeks and months:
- Support for Google Plus, Pinterest and StumbleUpon sharing
- The addition of a table view layout and the ability to easily switch between both layouts
- Email notifications of project approvals, rejections or stoppages
- Click through reports that detail how much traffic came from users’ shares
- A browser bookmarklet for one-click project additions
- The ability to see the Wuzzrank (social buzz authority) on existing projects
As always, I want to thank you and all of my readers for your amazing support! Once you sign up and try out Viral Content Buzz, be sure to leave a comment with what you think about it!