Blogging contests usually involve countless hours of writing about a specific prompt or filling out paperwork that explains what makes your blog unique. While these contests are great and a great way to really get everyone analyzing the blogging industry, it’s nice to find an easier and faster contest during the summer. Fortunately, My Blog Guest granted this wish.
My Blog Guest is holding a summer guest blogging contest where you get free content and a chance to win $1000 cash. In other words, this is one of the easiest contests for blogs because you really don’t need to do anything that you aren’t already doing. The contest works like this:
- Go to the Articles Gallery and make an offer on an article (or several articles).
- If the author accepts, publish the article on your blog.
- Promote the article via social media.
- Post the article URL and the author’s username in this thread.
It’s hard to believe, but this is all you need to do. The contest is really about getting bloggers connected with authors and visa versa to help expand the blogging community. It gives blog owners great visibility from those who love the author, and it gives author the visibility for those who love the blog. In other words, there really are no losers in this contest.
How You Can Win
So maybe there are no losers, but let’s be honest—there is a $1000 prize. Winning the grand prize comes down to three things: The social media sharing activity that is shown through the buttons on your blog, the comments, and if your blog is really helping the author gain exposure.
Being that these are the three things the contest will look for in a winner, it makes sense that the blog owner will need these three things. In other words, your blog must have Twitter and Facebook count buttons installed, the comment option must be available, and your blog must be a Google PR of 2 or higher.
Below are a few tips and tricks to help give you a chance at the grand prize:
- Talk with the author. Many blog authors have a following of people who are interested in his/her writing. This will help bring traffic to your blog and will likely help that Twitter count go up. After all, the author also wants the post to do well, so he/she will be a great asset for you.
- Nominate Multiple Guest Articles. There is no limit to the number of articles that a blog owner can take from the Gallery and publish. The most articles you publish, the better your chances are that one of them will win.
My Blog Guest has been in the business for quite some time, so there is no use trying to cheat by buying social media clicks, changing the publication date, or trying to share your prize in exchange for social clicks. The contest ends August 10, so get started right away!
You can learn more about the contest and rules and regulations here.